Notes!!! Action!!! "Well we can just have Karis floor direct Tuesday"
Well this morning I was introduced the chaotic side of the morning broadcast. I shadowed the Floor Director. She had me on my toes just watching her. She made everything look so easy and there I struggled with the concept of taking out the batteries from the mics and trashing them after every shoot (need new batteries so that mics won't fail). I think I like floor directing a lot though. Its simple enough, you just have to be alert and avoid getting on air. For me, the hardest part is listening to the director on my headset while I try to multitask what I'm actually doing. It was definitely a lot of funny. I think I forgot to mention that yesterday I observed the "robocam" which is a robotic camera which controls several cameras. That job you sit the entire 3 hours of the show but as Floor Director you're steady running....which is NOT cool for a dress. You bend over to pick up a rope and next thing you know you're not being lady-like. But my pen was constantly flowing writing down all the information and the reasons behind it. I learned how to do lighting, mics, and sound checks. Tomorrow it will be even more...
I'm floor directing a production next Tuesday....ohhh boy...
Fun and funny
ReplyDelete