Monday, June 6, 2011

D.C.: I Have Arrived

At last, I am in the city of my birth once again. This time only for 2 months: long enough to live, short enough to pack in each day with adventures. I cannot describe the excitement I felt as my family headed with me to the airport yesterday. I can't even remember what we talked about as I prepared my heart for something to go wrong on the threshold of my anticipated trip. Nothing did, I arrived to D.C. safely. My mother made sure I had a slice of "healthy" pizza on my way to the security line. They watched me as I walked through security. I turned around to waved and kissed then I carried my smallest suite case with me to the terminal. My flight was very pleasant with Jet Blue. The lady next to me had a very cold disposition. I didn't sleep at all either but I did enjoy everything JetBlue has to offer: TV, XM radio, huge legroom, and snacks. I saw the sunset from my window seat and we landed shortly after. When my hostess picked me up we drove straight through the Mall. I tried to hide my excitement as I thought of my favorite murder mystery show, BONES.

We at last arrived to my new home. She gave me a wonderful tour of the quaint house, handed me my keys and I laid down for one moment on the couch. 2 hours later I made my way to the bedroom where I found my rest.

This morning I felt my excitement grow as I texted my dear friend of the possibilities of exploration today. I just finished settling my things and vibing to Lauryn Hill and Common, I found myself inspired for the adventure that is my exploration of my future. So I am choosing to blog this summer for whoever may be interesting in reading and hearing of my adventures. Today, I being my escapade!

3 comments:

  1. Dont get in too much trouble now..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay Karis so exciting!! Kay, tell me your job again, i forget, my bad!

    ReplyDelete