Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2: See the sponge, be the sponge, you ARE the sponge!

My very first day being introduced to the team and observing. Attempt #1 to be social.

Life's Stresses:
First day in my department and I lost my $20 metro card! Needless to say I’m a little upset about that. Its no small amount of money but I’ll survive I’m sure. Problem is, I turned around to go get it, looked around, and realizing I wasn't going to find it power walked.8 miles to the train, nearly missed the train. I was one of those people you see dashing in just before the doors close. But I made it! Whew!

Internship:
At work my supervisor who is also the manager of the Studio team basically explained to me to be a sponge the first day. He also told me that the internship was what I made of it. If I sat back and just watched, that was fine; they'd let me do just that. If I wanted to do something, ask, and I shall receive. I knew immediately this was a good fit for me. I had to earn it all, but not in a demeaning way. Simply by drive. As any one who knows me knows: I have drive.

Finances:
Yesterday I mentioned a possible job opportunity lifeguarding. Well, its looking quite promising and I surely do hope so given I had to sacrifice my freshly twisted hair for the application process. The place is a community park of sorts and its only 2 blocks from my house. Perfectly on my way home from work. I truly do have to get this opportunity. It’s just too perfect. If it works out it truly will be a testament to God's sovereignty. I didn't get a job for the Y as I hoped for the convenience. I thought it would have been for training but the Y isn’t so conveniently located and the Lord knew this was for the better. Far better than any of my plans.
As I head to union station I am thinking through the exact best time to change my shoes. Now is as good as ever. <3

1 comment: